News

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Pranab Mukherjee: Soon I will not be a political entity

cleanmediatoday.blogspot.com


Pranab Mukherjee: Soon I will not be a political entity
Clean Media Correspondent


NEW DELHI, June 26 (CMC)  "Soon I will not be a political entity," Pranab Mukherjee remarked hours before he resigns as finance minister to contest Presidential poll, but promised to deliver his "last message" before he bids adieu.
Pranab Mukherjee received a warm send off from officials of Finance Ministry whom he thanked for the support extended during his three-year stint at North Block.
In the midst of farewells he received on Monday, the 77-year-old leader promised the quotes-seeking media a "last message" before he submits his resignation to the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh somtime on Tuesday afternoon.
"I got full support of all officials in whatever I achieved so far as a finance minister. I thank all the officials for their support and co-operation," he remarked at a send-off hosted by told officials including finance secretary RS Gujral, economic affairs secretary R Gopalan and chief economic advisor Kaushik Basu.
Earlier in the day, his Congress party's top leadership including its president Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and general secretary Rahul Gandhi bid a warm farewell to Mukherjee, who affectionately is addressed as 'dada'.
"Soon, I will not be a part of the finance ministry, I will not be a political entity," Mukherjee said in his farewell speech to his colleagues in the finance ministry.
As he arrived at his North Block office after receiving farewell from the Congress Working Committee - the party's highest decision making body, waiting media persons sought his comments.
"Tomorrow I will give my last message," a smiling Mukherjee remarked.

2 comments:

  1. Pranav Mukherjee has been a great politician and statesman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Pranab Da does not turn out to be a rubber stamp President.

    ReplyDelete